New versions of Wavecrest Computing’s CyBlock and Cyfin monitoring and filtering software were recently released. They include the following new features and enhancements.
- Enhancement – Array configuration. This release contains a useful new feature which will allow you to combine all of your proxy data into an Enterprise report. It also lets you apply settings and policies from one ‘primary’ installation to multiple ‘secondary’ installations. For Cyfin Reporter, this feature works a little differently. Instead, it allows you to use multiple servers’ CPU’s to process logfile data, while leaving one ‘primary’ Cyfin Reporter machine free to run reports.
- New Report – Site Audit Detail. This report lists all users that visited a particular Web site and shows the total visits.
- Enhancement – Proxy Chain ability. CyBlock Proxy and Cyfin Proxy now have the ability to use a ‘downstream’ proxy in a ‘chain’ configuration.
- Enhancement – Job Queue. New keyboard shortcuts allow you to pause and restart the job queue. Also, all jobs are now numbered in the queue.
- Enhancement – Logging optional. (CyBlock Proxy only) Logging of proxy data can be disabled without affecting the filtering policies in place.
- Enhancement – New logfile formats supported. (Cyfin Reporter only) Cyfin Reporter extends support for Sidewinder Firewall G2, IronPort Appliance, Symantec Web Security and MIMEsweeper logfiles.
For full release notes on the products, please visit the forum at http://forum.wavecrest.net/index.php. Current customers can download the latest release from their product by going to the Administration – Product Update screen.