Many times mobile devices are the primary, or only, organizational interface for an employee. With this evolving mobile business environment, it has become critical to protect both the company and the employee. With CyBlock Mobile Security Browser App v2.0, a companion to the easy-to-implement CyBlock Cloud Web Security Solution, you will enable your employees to work efficiently and securely while accessing the Internet on their mobile devices. Easily enforce your company’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) on iOS devices by defining one or more Web-use policies to successfully address Web security threats, Internet abuse, legal liability, and workforce productivity.
CyBlock Mobile Security Browser App’s Version 2.0 adds many exciting enhancements, such as support for iPhone 6/6 Plus, customizable Web blocking messages, and connection status alerts. Easily enforce your company’s AUP on iOS devices. Learn more about Wavecrest products: https://www.wavecrest.net/
CyBlock Mobile Security App Block Message
In Release 9.1.4, we are excited to provide our CyBlock Cloud customers with our Bandwidth Management feature that enables IT administrators to throttle bandwidth at the Web content category level. This feature targets noncritical Web traffic and keeps your mission-critical Web traffic flowing. The release also includes the addition of the Site Audit Summary report as well as many enhancements to CyBlock App for iOS. The enhancements are highlighted below.
- Bandwidth Management in CyBlock Cloud. The following features have been added:
- The Throttling Policy Configuration page allows you to implement a restriction policy when enterprise bandwidth consumption exceeds a preestablished threshold.
- You can create, edit, and delete policies based on categories or groups.
- When exceeded, your user-defined thresholds activate your policies and trigger alerts.
- Cap limits can be added to throttle bandwidth for noncritical categories or groups. They can also be used to block nonessential categories when a threshold is exceeded.
- The Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor page provides current bandwidth usage data for the enterprise. When a bandwidth throttling policy is activated, an alert with the policy name and its associated threshold will be shown.
- An e-mail notification will automatically be sent to the administrator for each bandwidth throttling policy activated.
- Site Audit Summary. This report lists the top users in your organization who visited a particular site. The report can be run for more than one site and shows the total number of visits made by the user, hourly total visits, and hourly total kilobytes read.
- CyBlock App for iOS. The following features have been added:
- The App is now compatible with iOS 8 and works with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- The user interface has been updated to match the iOS 8 UI for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- The Web blocking message and blocked extension messages have been added to the App.
- The ability to perform a search from the search bar has been added. The App will use Google to search for the text that you enter.
There are also corrections in this release for CyBlock as well as Cyfin. To see the full release notes for your product, visit our Web site or knowledge base.
If you are at version 9.0.5 or later, you can upgrade to the latest release by going to the Help – Check for Updates screen in your product.
If you are at version 6.8.3.a or earlier, you can download the latest release by going to CyBlock Software Downloads or Cyfin Downloads. To upgrade CyBlock Appliance, please contact Technical Support at (321) 953-5351, Ext. 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Now available for cloud customers, CyBlock Mobile Security App for iPhone and iPad devices. CyBlock Mobile Security App, a companion to the easy-to-implement CyBlock Web Security Cloud, benefits Cloud customers of all sizes and quickly safeguards their mobile devices. CyBlock App enables your employees to work efficiently and securely while accessing the internet on their mobile devices . Easily enforce your company’s AUP on iOS devices by defining one or more Web-use policies to successfully address Web security threats, Internet abuse, legal liability, and workforce productivity.
“Mobile security is a top concern for our clients. The introduction of CyBlock Mobile Security App provides our clients with the tools to continue providing a secure and productive environment for their ever-growing distributed workforce.” CEO – Dennis McCabe